Workshops on Training Teachers for promoting Sustainable Development through Education were organised by Amity Institute od Education Delhi on February 23 and 24, 2010.
Hundred Teachers from various NGOs of Delhi, NCR region had been invited to be the participants of this workshop. They were sensitized and oriented to the issue of Sustainable Development through the following sessions –
1. Understanding Sustainable Development
2.Bringing about Sustainable Development
- Global effort
3. Barriers to Sustainable Development
4. Reorienting Education towards Sustainable Development
The Objectives of this workshop were:
1. To establish the difference between development and Sustainable Development.
2. To get acquainted with the ways & means through which Education for Sustainable Future can be achieved.
3. To equip them with the skil1s & tools required for teaching for Sustainable Development.
4. To appreciate the need and importance of reorienting Educational policies & programmes towards Sustainable Development.
5. To develop in the participants the competencies in the domains of analysis, design, evaluation and implementation.
Various on-site interactive methods like role plays, simulations, team building and hands-on activities etc were incorporated into training workshop. In addition to this the participants were provided adequate teaching – learning material for their off–site use & reference.
This Training programme was granted to AIE by the Ministry of Human Resource Development under the scheme of UNESCO related activities.
The participating NGOs and schools of NCR were Navjyoti India Foundation, Prayas, Prerana, Pratham, Butterflies, Mobilecrech, Shine Foundation, Deepalaya, Amitasha, Arpana, CASP-Plan, Chetna, Vidya School, Sakshi, Balwant Rai Mehta, Sadhu Vasvani Public School, HOPE Foundation, AROH Foundation, Ina Raja Memorial Educational Trust