Amity Business School (ABS) organized its 8th convocation for the students who have completed the Post Graduate Diplomas to the P.G.D.M batch (2 year full time) and P.G.D.M (three year part time) batch of 2004-05 at Amity Campus, Noida.
Speaking on the occasion Padmashree Dr. L M SINGHVI, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court and Chief Guest on the occasion remarked, “An environment of free thought and creative spirit is essential for true learning”. Lauding the efforts of Amity Dr. Singhvi said, “Amity acts as a catalyst for building and sustaining this learning environment. This way, Amity Business School develops manpower for industry not only suitable for just today or tomorrow, but for a long term.
Mr. Amar Singh, MP, Rajya Sabha and Chairman, UP Development Council and Guest of Honour said, “If we mix ethics, education and values we can make every person a super person and Amity is really doing very well in all these areas and has changed the education sector in U.P. The State needs more of such Universities so that professionals can help build the country stronger.”
Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan, Founder President, Ritnand Balved Education Foundation (RBEF) heartily welcomed the alumni’s. He suggested the graduating batch to aim higher in life and to prepare a roadmap to reach the pinnacle of success. He further added, “My endeavor is that the students who are determined to excel, a competent and dedicated faculty, a meticulously designed curriculum and an optimum infrastructure will make ABS best in the world in all ways”.
Dr. Sanjay Srivastava, Director, Amity Business School, Noida unveiled the Annual Report of Amity for the year 2004. He remarked, “Amity is one of the few professionally run premier institutes who have been continuously striving for excellence in education, training, research and consultancy in the fields of Management. The field of education is going through a total metamorphosis and at 'Amity' has embarked on a mission of creating a world of knowledge par excellence. By intensive and meaningful teaching methods as well as regular inputs from practicing managers, the Institute grooms its students to excel as future managers, who can compete with the very best in the global arena and cater to the growing demands of the corporate world
During this convocation, special awards were presented to the students of (2002-2004) batch:
• The award for “BEST ALLROUND STUDENT” went to Nekta Bagai
• “Gold Medal” for First Position in Academic Performance went to Priyanka Berry
• “Silver Medal” for Second Position in Academic Performance went to Nekta Bagai.
• “Bronze Medal” for Third Position in Academic Performance went to Swati Singh.
• The “Amar Singh Award” for Leadership Qualities & Organizing Abilities goes to Surbhi Rajpal.
• The “H.L. Kohli Excellent Business Acumen Award” for demonstrating “Best Business Acumen and Awareness” went to Rasika Dua.
• The award for “Best in All Round Personality Development” went to Gurinderpal Singh.
• The award for “Best Summer Project “ went to Priyanka Bery.
• The award for Best Interpersonal Skills and Team Spirit went to Arpita Mukherjee.
• The “Baljit Shastri Award “For the Best Student in Human & Traditional Values went to Apurva Seth.
• The “Dr. Kenichi Ohmae Award “For Strategic Innovation went to Abhishek Bhattacharya.
• The “Swami Jitatmananda Jee Award” For Excellence in spiritual culture went to Ekta Bagai.
• The “LG Award” went to Purusottam kumar Bansal.
• The “Special Award” went to Bimal R. Madhavan.
Special awards were presented to the students of (2002-2004) batch for Three-Year Part Time PGDM (2001-2004) batch:
• “Gold Medal” for First Position in Academic Performance went to Nitin Verma.
• “Silver Medal” for Second Position in Academic Performance went to Sameer Agarwal.
• “Bronze Medal” for Thir