Dr. Ashok K Chauhan, Founder President, Amity Group participated at the Foundation Day of Ahinsa International on December 30, 2012 at Kunkund Bharti, Kharwell Hall, Special Institutional Area, New Delhi.
Hon’ble Justice Dalveer Bhandari, Mr. Ajay Chauhan, Trustee - RBEF, Acharya Vidyanand Maharaj were present during the occasion.
While delivering his address, Justice Dalveer Bhandari emphaissed the need of making the world free from all types of violence a non-violent where all human beings could live peacefully. Justice Bhandari also underscored the importance of destruction of mass chemicals posing a serious danger to the society at large.
In his address, Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan Founder President, Amity Group expressed his pleasure for attending today’s function and recalled his years of stay in West Germany where as a result of his propagating the concept of ‘Non-vegetarian’, a number of Germans could follow the practice of Vegetarianism. Dr. Chauhan further told that the principle of being Vegetarians was strongly emphasised in various Campuses of Amity. Dr Chauhan also felt that it was only through Jainism that the society could witness positive changes and thereby eliminating the chaos, violence and unrest.
Acharya Vidyanand Maharaj in his blessings gave a brief background about the Jain religion and how its footprints were found in so many countries and expressed his concern that in spite of existence of Jain Religion since centuries, its followers have decreased in recent times. Narrating the definition of ‘Religion’, Acharya Vidyanand Maharaj felt that ‘Religion’ is not to be found in any temple but it can surely be found in the heart of every human being if he/she tries to see it and follow it. Talking in the context of present situation in the society, he felt that a lot of problems are cropping up today because people are following the wrong habits of food. Expressing his happiness for facilitating distinguished people of the society by Ahinsa International Goday, Maharaj Ji felt that such people should be honoured for their achievements and contribution for uplifting the religion and the society cannot march ahead without their contribution.
During the occasion following persons were honoured:
1. Prof. Nagarjaya Hampa, Bangalore, Kannada & English writer,
Kannada Sahitya Parishad
2. Chanchal Mal Char, Business Entrepreneur, Publisher of vegetarian journal and propagating the concept of Vegetarian by writing articles.
3. Suresh Chander Jain, President - Jain Social Welfare Association, Green Park
4. Shri Narendar Prakash Jain, Ferozabad
5. Shri Rahjendar Kr. Jain, Meerut
6. Dr. Mahavir Prabha Chand Shastri, Sholapur
7. Smt. Vidu Das Jain, Secy, Digambar Jain Mahila Ashram, Darya Ganj
8. Master Tanvir Jain, Surya Nagar, Ghaziabad - Meritorious student, got excellent performance (10-CGPA) in 10th class