In its ongoing efforts to develop and enhance the personality of the students , Amity University Madhya Pradesh organized a Debate Competition for its I year students on 06 Dec2013. The topics of the debate this year were :
· Sale of Organs Should be Legalized
· India Should Adopt a Two Party System
· Diesel Should Continue to be Subsidized
1. Following the debate, the motion for each topic was put before the house for voting with the following results:
Sale of Organs Should be Legalized: Defeated
India Should Adopt a Two Party System: Defeated
Diesel Should Continue to be Subsidized: Passed
2. The debate saw enthusiastic participation and the students successfully showcased their ability to build arguments , their logical acumen and communication skills .
3. A total of 18 students from across programmes were shortlisted to participate in the final competition and the following were the proud winners:
I : Anuja Naidu, B Com LLB I year
II : Ruby, BJMC I Year
Consolation : Diana Sebastian, B Com I
4. The Honorable Judges for the event were : Ms Rinku Bhatia, Faculty ASET, Ms Monica Saxena Faculty ALS, and Mr Rajeev Dwivedi, Faculty ABS
5. The event was hosted and organized by the I year students of MBA. Ms Prateeksha Cheema and Ms Shubham were the anchors, Ms Shipra and Avi were the time keepers while Anurag, Satyendra and others took care of logistics.
6. The Competition ended with the concluding remarks of the Hon'ble Vice Chancellor AUMP, Lt Gen V K Sharma, AVSM (Retd). He congratulated the winners for their initiative and emphasized how important the debating skills are for the growth of an individual. Gen Sharma stressed upon the need of greater participation of the students in such events.
7. The winners were given certificates by the Hon'ble Vice Chancellor. This was followed by the proposal of Vote of Thanks by Mr Shubham Jain of MBA I Sem.