AMITY UNIVERSITY MADHYA PRADESH
Report - CCFIS Cyber Awareness Workshop on
“Ethical Hacking and Cyber Forensics”
(14-15 July 2014)
Amity Innovation Incubator has established a research lab “Center for Cyber Forensics and Information Security (CCFIS) as part of Amity Education Group. CCFIS is presently working at Amity University Campus, Noida and extending various Cyber Security and Forensic Services. In the past few months, CCFIS have developed-
· CCFIS ATP Sensor, which protect any IT Network from latest malicious Viruses, Trojans and Malwares.
· State of the art CCFIS Malware Research Lab and CCFIS Digital Forensic Investigation Lab.
· Started a Project - “National Cyber Alert System” and started giving “Alerts”, “Patterns”and “Predictions” of Cyber Attacks as a responsible citizen.
Security Companies like eScan and Antiy Labs has joined hands with us as CCFIS Partners in collaborative research. CCFIS Cyber Security Incident Response and Digital Forensics Team has solved approx. 40 Data Recovery and Forensic Investigation cases in last 3 months and are closely working with UP & Delhi Police and IT Defence Govt. further, CCFIS Team has done 22 Responsible Disclosures and Vulnerabilities Assessment of various Products and Websites.
Amity University Madhya Pradesh Located at Gwalior conducted a two-day CCFIS Cyber Awareness Workshop on “Ethical Hacking and Cyber Forensics” during 14-15 July 2014. The workshop started with an introduction of the activities taken up by the Center for Cyber Forensics and Information Security (CCFIS), an initiative of Amity Innovation Incubator. Inaugurating the seminar, Lt.Gen V K Sharma, AVSM (Retd.), Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, AU MP lauded the initiative and the activities taken up by this center of excellence. He stresses on the need of the awareness of ethical hacking and cyber forensics as well as focused on the issues and challenges in the area of cyber forensics and information security. Hon’ble Vice Chancellor inaugurated the “CCFIS Center of Excellence” at Amity-Gwalior Campus and launched two on-line portals “CCFIS eProtect” and “CCFIS eForum” and services for Amity-Gwalior students, staff and faculty members. These portals are:
1. eProtect (www.ccfis.net/eprotect) wherein students can register complains on incidents like Cyber Harassment,Cyber Bullying, Cyber Stalking, also lost Data Recovery cases. Action will betaken immediately.
2. eForum (www.ccfis.net/forum) wherein students can register for login and can take part in discussion, start a new topic, troubleshooting issues, get information and updates related to Information Security and Digital Forensics.
The awareness sessions were conducted by a team of experts from CCFIS, Noida, comprising of (a) Ms. Anita (Project Coordinator), (b) Mr. Harpreet Singh (Manager–Forensic Technology) and (c) Mr. Lakshay Malhotra (Manager–Information Security). All the students and faculty members were invited to attend the sessions on Cyber Security as per the programme below:
Session-I:14th July, 2014 Timings:1115 hrs to 1245 hrs
Participants: All Students of B.Tech CSE, ECE, IT & BCA
(Around 4-5Student Ambassadors will be shortlisted after this session)
Session-II:14th July, 2014 Timings: 1530hrs to 1700 hrs
Participants: Students of Block-B and Available Faculty & Staff Members
Session-III:15th July, 2014 Timings: 1015 hrs to 1145hrs
Participants: All Students of B.Tech MAE & Civil , Selected Student Ambassadors and Remaining Faculty & Staff who could not attend on 1st day.
The programme was highlighted by the participation of intelligent students as audience, who had shown keen interest on the topic, thus making theevent highly interactive.
Selection of CCFIS Student Ambassadors from AUMP
The students of AUMP were encouraged to take up the assignment of CCFIS Student Ambassadors of AUMP by registering themselves in the ePortals followed by the SKYPE interview of shortlisted students with Dr. J S Sodhi, Director, Center for Cyber Forensics and Information Security. The following students were selected as the CCFIS Students ambassadors of AUMP:
1) Vignesh Kumar S - B.Tech.CSE, 5th Semester
2) Shubham - B.Tech. CSE, 5th Semester
3) Ayushi Pratihar - B. Tech. CSE,7th Semester
4) Shivani Khurana - B. Tech. CSE, 3rdSemester
5) Dheerender Sigh Tomar - B. Tech. CSE, 3rd Semester
6) Ruby - BJMC – 3rd Semester
These Students will be given special Cyber Security and Forensic training at CCFIS, Noida for 4-5 days and further, they will work on live projects and research activities along with CCFIS Team, Noida.
The programme was highlighted by the participation of Dean (Academics),Dean (Research), Registrar, Director (Administration), Heads of Schools,faculty members, staff members and students of Amity University. A vote of thanks was proposed by HOI-ASET.
Opening remarks by the Hon'ble Vice Chancellor, AUMP, Lt Gen VK Sharma, AVSM (Retd)
Session by Ms Anita, Project Coordinator, CCFIS
Session by Mr Lakhay Malhotra, Manager Information Security, CCFIS
Session by Mr Harpreet Singh, Manager Forensic Technology, CCFIS
Participants of the Workshop
Dr B.K. Bahinipati, Dy. Director, ASET delivering Vote of Thanks