An AGREEMENT OF COOPERATION was signed on Tuesday 18 Nov 2008 between Amity University Uttar Pradesh and Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland (QUB).
Professor Peter Gregson, President and Vice Chancellor signed the Agreement on behalf of Queen’s University Belfast. Professor Gregson, a distinguished scientist and administrator led the high level four member team to Amity for wide ranging discussions on various areas of academic and research cooperation.
Major General K. Jai Singh, Vice Chancellor, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, signed the Agreement for Amity University. The ground work for this partnership was spearheaded by Dr. Balvinder Shukla, Pro Vice Chancellor (Academics) AUUP. Dr. Shukla is an alumnus of Queen’s. With her perseverance and ceaseless efforts, discussions spread over several months finally culminated in this historic agreement.
Queen’s University Belfast is the premier University of Northern Ireland and enjoys a very high ranking amongst world universities. Queen’s is a center for excellence in many educational disciplines, both in teaching and research, at the cutting edge of science and technology.
Both Universities had the following clear aims for the cooperation agreement:
- To promote interest in the teaching and research activities of the respective institutions, and
- To deepen the understanding of the economic, cultural, and social issues environment of the respective institutions.
To achieve these aims both QUB and AUUP have decided to:
- Promote institutional exchanges by inviting faculty and staff of the partner institution to participate in a variety of teaching and/or research activities and professional development.
- Receive undergraduate and post graduate students of the partner institution for periods of study and/or research and arrange for their internship
- Organize symposia, conferences, short courses and meetings on research issues
- Carry out joint research and continuing education programs
- Exchange information pertaining to developments in teaching, student development and research at each institution
- In the educational disciplines including but not limited to Food Technology, Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, IT & Computer Science, Biotechnology, Entrepreneurship, Management, Technological Incubation, Agriculture.