10 Oct 2020-|Gurgaon (Manesar)
Faculty Development Program on “Writing Effective Abstracts for WHATT”
Office of International Affairs, Amity University Haryana organized a Faculty Development Program on “Writing Effective Abstracts for WHATT” on 09th Oct 2020.
The objective of the session was to impart useful insights to AUH faculty members on writing effective abstracts for SCOPUS Indexed Journal, especially for Worldwide Hospitality And Tourism (WHATT) Journal, Emerald Publications, UK.
Prof. (Dr.) Gunjan M. Sanjeev, Director, International Affairs welcomed the participants and discussed the shared Call for Paper in detail. She discussed following points in detail and advised authors to follow the same for writing Effective abstracts:
- Follow the topic of the theme and accordingly prepare relevant title and abstract
- Study some previous papers on same theme to understand requirement and writing style of the journal
- Prefer qualitative and subjective analysis over numerical analysis for practitioner-based journals
- Research sample should include practitioners and policy makers from hospitality industry as WHATT demands practitioners' perspectives
- Active discussions with practitioners and policy makers should be preferred over passive data collections through questionnaires
- Focus should be that through your paper , the question of the theme issue should get answered question form Call for Paper
- Scope of Study must be based on hospitality industry in India
Participants were overwhelmed by learning about the inputs shared by speaker.